I’m all about sleep on this blog because it’s something that is very important to me since I struggle so much with it. I’ve posted a couple of times already on it. If you’d like to check out my nighttime routine, you can find that here. If you would like to check out diffuser blends for sleep, I’ve posted about that here.
Now, a very important part of my nighttime routine is this spray. I like to run the diffuser as well (not necessarily with all of these scents), but the linen/body spray just helps relax me as I finish my routine. You can adjust this to your preferences (for example, some people hate the scent of Patchouli, but I find it very relaxing it and it’s my go-to sleep scent, but if you don’t like Patchouli and find another scent relaxing for sleep, go for it!). When it comes to recipe like this, nothing is set in stone. You have to find what portions and what scents work for you, but, I am always happy to discuss and share about what works for me to help give you ideas. 🙂
For this recipe, I used a 4 oz spray bottle, but you can adjust the portions to fit whatever size bottle you have on hand.
Essential oils I use:
- 20 drops of Lavender (your choice on whether you use French or Bulgarian–I personally prefer French but whatever you have on hand will work)
- 5-8 drops Bergamot
- 5 drops Patchouli
How to Mix it up:
- Add the essential oils first
- Once the essential oils are added, fill the bottle up with Fracitionated Coconut Oil. Fractionated Coconut Oil is awesome because it doesn’t stain and it absorbs into the skin fairly quickly. It acts are an excellent diluting agent so that the essential oils don’t harm your skin. I have not tried this recipe with any other carrier oils, but if you want to try out different ones, go for it!
- Gently roll the bottle around to mix it up before each use.
- And you’re done!
How to Use:
- I spray a few spritz on my arms, chest, and legs and rub it gently in. I then spray a couple of spritzes onto my pillow. If I opt out of using my diffuser for that night, then I will spray a bit more than usual and spray it on my sheets and blankets as well. Like I said, it doesn’t stain or make me feel greasy, so it’s a pretty good spray for using on my linens and skin every night.
I hope you found this recipe useful. Let me know if you tried it and what you thought– and also if you tried a different formula and what you thought of that. I’m always curious as to what people come up with for different things!
Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far. Hope you sleep well tonight! 😀