Roller ball blends are an extremely popular way to apply essential oils topically. Lately, I’ve been more into making these over other things with essential oils (aside from my diffuser, of course). I’ve been playing around with different blends I’ve found online and tweaking them to suit my preferences and needs. So, here is a list of my favorites! I’m calling this Part 1 because once I find/create other ones, I want to add to the list, so look out for Part 2 in the future!
For all of these, I have tweaked them to my preferences, so I will not link original sources unless someone just wants the original source. A couple of these I did make myself without a source, but I’m sure that it’s nothing unique as essential oils pretty much have distinct purposes.
The general rule of thumb with essential oil roller balls (for 10mL at least–those are the only kind I have): 25-35 drops of essential oils (it will depend on the types of oils you are using and the safety of potency) topped off with fractionated coconut oil (or your choice of carrier oil–I prefer coconut and used coconut for all of these).
Below, I will have listed just the essential oils. Just remember to top it off with a carrier oil. 🙂
- Exhaustion Blend: 15-18 drops of Eucalyptus, 10-15 drops Rosemary, 5 drops Grapefruit
- G’night! Blend: 8 drops Frankincense, 5-10 drops Lavender, 5 drops of your favorite pre-made Sleep blend (I prefer Fabulous Frannie’s Sleep, but there are many out there! I can supply a list of ingredients if you would like; just ask! Also, as always, unaffiliated link provided!)
- Bug Bite Relief: 15 drops Lavender, 5-8 drops Tea Tree
- Headache Relief: 6 drops Peppermint, 7 drops Frankincense, 8 drops Lavender
- Boo-Boo aid: 7 drops Frankincense, Lavender, and Tea Tree
There you have it! If you try any of these, let me know how you like them or how you tweaked them to fit your needs!
As always, thank you for reading!